Opposites Attract, Similars Do Too


My parents always said they were drawn to each other because they’re so different from each other and everyone knows that “Opposites Attract.” I did/do see that principle at work some in most of the marriage relationships I’ve witnessed. But Christopher Robin & I are so similar! What happened there?!

Then according to the marriage book we’re reading for church this summer, God designs very different people to fall in love and get married. It’s supposed to be a big, beautiful tool of human sanctification … ie, His finishing redemptive work in both spouses’ hearts. So again, where do we fit in all this?!

Well, I imagine part of the answer might lie in God granting my heart’s desire for a best-friend marriage. Part of it might be God’s mercy for my disability & anxiety issues. Maybe God knew we’d have plenty of outside craziness in our lives for His refining work, so He graciously allowed us one more comfortable relationship to rest in. Doubtless He had other reasons we don’t understand yet, but in any event we are beyond grateful for our Similars-Attract love story (written by Heaven’s romance novelist Himself). ❤️



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How Much We Love God